Certified Satellite Technician (CST) Program from Jones/NCTI
The new Jones/NCTI Certified Satellite Technician (CST) program for contract agency partners of DIRECTV aims to revolutionize the satellite industry delivering a "best in class" customer experience. The CST program is designed as a streamlined and effective way to confirm the knowledge and skills of contract technicians through a series of proctored assessment exams, thus providing DTV the assurance that contract technicians are providing the highest quality customer experience on the first visit.
In addition, the CST program provides contractors with full career path development and training opportunities that will increase their breadth of knowledge and earning power. This also helps contracting agencies to attract and retain the highest quality talent in the industry. With the new CST Program everyone wins!
How to Begin/Enroll:To begin qualifying, follow these simple steps:
- Register for an account with Jones/NCTI
- Schedule your assessment at proctored location
- Take the assessment
- If score is 80% or greater assessment is passed
- If score is 79% or lower, additional training is needed
- Enroll in corresponding course with Jones/NCTI
- Complete course lessons
- Schedule and take course final at proctored location
- View test center locations (pdf)
- Webinar Presentation (pdf)
- Registration Instructions (ppt)
Field Services Technician Pre-Assessment Course (FST)
This course presents the essentials for installing satellite installations right the first time. With the Field Services Technician Pre-Assessment course, technicians will use the Internet to develop the valuable skills needed to become productive on the job, accelerating their time-to-field. Est. time to complete - 40 hours.